CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cookies and Cream

I went to a couple of local cupcake shops around town and they all have their own definition of a cookies and cream cupcake.  One was better than the other.  They will both remain anonymous, but I will say, you can't hide the horrible dry cupcake by piling it with a ton of icing.  Just sayin'!

I discovered the perfect white cake recipe and kept thinking how awesome it would be to add some crushed oreos to it. 

The church that Herbie works at was having another bakesale, so I sent him to church this morning with 18 jumbo cupcakes, all cookies and cream!

I can't give the recipe, but I will tell you to buy the book Confetti Cakes and you will find the recipe in there.  I just added about a 1/2 cup of crushed oreos to the mix and then about 1/2 cup of crushed oreos to the buttercream icing.  It was DELISH!

Now for the picture:

0 comments: