CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grandma's Strawberry Cake

I would have to say that I learned a lot about cooking from my grandma.  She is a lady that has always cooked and made sure that anyone that's ever stepped foot in her house does not leave hungry.

I think my favorite thing that she ever made was her strawberry cake.  It was amazing.  I had strawberry cakes before, but there was nothing ever fake about the flavor of her strawberry cakes.

This recipe, I can, and will share.  Trust me, you want to try this.

Ingredients:
One box of White Cake Mix
box of Strawberry gelatin mix
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, pureed

Icing:
8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 stick unsalted butter (real butter,  not that margarine BS!)
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
1 tsp vanilla

Make cake by directions on box.  Mix gelatin and fresh strawberries in.  Bake according to directions.

For the icing, cream together butter and cream cheese until creamy.  Mix in powdered sugar.  Mix in vanilla and strawberries.

Let the cake cool for a while, then frost.

It should look something like this:


0 comments: